You can feel it. The slight nip in the air and despite a hot weekend forecasted, the beauty industry is gearing up for autumn. And the colours for the new season are hot, hot, hot – even if the air is getting slighter cooler.
We have teamed up the Daily Record to keep you right on all your beauty needs – and as always we have great products to give away.
1. So put away the bronzer and coral gloss and reach for this season’s hottest trends. What featured heavily on the catwalks of Paris, London and New York, was red and wine colours with a big focus on texture. And you can recreate this trend with Lip Melts, the new lip colour and care range from BD available exclusively at Tesco.
Lip Melts are designed to provide a natural shine rather than a wet-look gloss, and replenish moisture to provide a colourful yet balmy-feeling finish. And you don’t need to sharpen these easy to apply, twist up sticks so they make the perfect on the go handbag accessory, and all for just £6.
Choose from Iced Cookie, Raspberry Sorbet, Pink Fudge, Cherry Bomb, Pure Plum. BD Lip Melts will be available in Tesco stores and online at www.tesco.com/beauty from the end of August.
2. As well as being bang on trend in the colour stakes, products from Lanolips keep lips them kissable. The Lanolips Lip Ointment with Colour SPF 15, £7.99, contains 60% medical-grade Lanolin and Vitamin E to intensely nourish lips, along with the added benefit of SPF 15. The Lip Ointment with colour comes in five different shades, including the deliciously autumnal Dark Honey or Apples. www.victoriahealth.com and Boots stores nationwide.
3. We all know that weather change plays havoc with our hands but help is here from natural cosmetics company Benecos, which has launched the new Hand Cream for Happy Hands, £2.95. This non-greasy formula is packed full of 100% natural and organic ingredients, including calendula, to help soothe and protect the skin. Used as far back as the Roman times, calendula flower extract contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to calm and heal sore skin.
Top tip: Apply lashings of lovely Benecos Hand Cream for Happy Hands at night and pop on some super-soft organic cotton gloves for an overnight intense rehydration that will leave skin deliciously silky-smooth and revitalised.
4. For other areas of your body in need of attention, try Lanolips Lovely Lanolin Golden Ointment, £17.99, a 100% natural clinically tested ‘Super Moisturiser’ for extremely dry skin areas (or skin that has been over-exposed to the sun). This waterless formula is an intensely rich ointment that contains manuka honey, which gives it its ‘golden’ colour, and Lanolips’ famed medical-grade Lanolin; perfect for perking up dull skin during the seasonal change. www.victoriahealth.com, Waitrose & Boots nationwide.
5. And for your face, you have ‘soooo’ got to check out Polishing Essential Enzyme Peel, £39, from Aromatherapy Associates. Fruit acids of pineapple, passion flower and grape work together to
Apply an even layer of the Polishing Essential Enzyme Peel to clean skin, leave for 5 – 10 minutes and remove with a warm, damp face cloth. After toning the skin, apply serum, face oil and moisturiser. Use the enzyme peel once or twice a week depending on your skin type. From Aromatherapy Associates on 020 8569 7030 or purchase online at www.aromatherapyassociates.com.