How to feel happy – even when you don’t
- 1. Listen to music from the happiest time in your life: Let’s hope you had good taste when you were happiest.
- 2. Smile and wear those sunglasses: You don’t have to wear them indoors. That would be dumb.
- 3. Think about your goals: It changes how you see the world and releases happy chemicals in your noggin.
- 4. Get your sleep: Depressed people don’t sleep well. And people who don’t sleep well get depressed.
- 5 Beat procrastination by reducing stress and doing a simple thing to get started: Listen to those happy-era tunes and then assemble all the materials you need to get cranking.
And what’s that number one thing that Alex says can start an upward spiral of happiness? It’s dead simple:
Go for a walk outside every morning, preferably with a friend.