We might be in the middle of October – with winter on its way – and it’s to be a cold one apparently – so get the girls round and have a sparkly night in. And you don’t have to break you ‘good eating’ plans on the run up to Christmas, see Hayley’s swap shop and enjoy.
“It can be difficult to follow a healthy diet. So instead of looking longingly at those yummy ice creams or delicious cocktails, I’ve come up with some simple food swaps that allow you to treat yourself without feeling guilty.
“Here are a few examples of different substitutes for food and drinks that you really enjoy that are lower in calories, but that are still yummy,” she says.
1) Swap a Margarita cocktail (740 kcals) for a Cosmopolitan cocktail (150 kcals). Saving = a massive 590 calories!!!
2) Swap a Pina Colada cocktail (644 kcal) for a Mojito (160 kcals). Saving = 484 calories – (SHOCK!!! You could have 4 Mojitos for the amount of calories in 1 Pina Colada.)
4) Swap a Snickers chocolate bar (296 kcals) for Nestle Milky Way bar (94 kcals). Saving = 202 kcals
5) Swap Haagen-Dazs butter pecan ice cream (310 kcals) for a milk choc ice (131 kcals). Saving = 179 kcals
6) Swap a Magnum ice cream (280 kcals) for a Calippo ice lolly (78 kcal). Saving = 202 kcals
7) Swap a slice of Tesco’s finest chocolate cheesecake (435 kcals) for blended frozen banana (aka bananna frozen yogurt) (90 kcal). Saving = 45 kcals
8) Swap all drinks for water…. water has no calories and will leave your skin, healthy, hydrated and help to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Less snacking = less calories. Bonus!
Hey and if you end up looking like our gorgeous columnist, then you will be happy you swapped.