- DO use a toner if you don’t have time to remove your make-up. Spritz over the face and blot away or gently wipe over with a cotton pad, this will remove any excess oil and the bulk of your make-up. Then apply your foundation and powder.
- DO exfoliate your skin in the morning or use a product containing AHA; this will remove the dead skin instantly leaving your skin looking fresher and your make-up will go on smoother and last longer.
- DON’T worry about having to tie back hair for work. Invisibobbles are plastic rings which allow you to tie your hair back without leaving kinks.
- DON’T apply heavy makeup first thing. Keep your make-up light in the morning, that way it will be easier to touch up in the evening. Use tinted moisturiser or a BB cream and keep the eyes light or neutral.
- DO apply a good primer in the morning as this will help your foundation last longer.
- DON’T be afraid of hairpieces, for a quick and elegant updo they can really transform your look in minutes- just be sure to match your hair colour as closely as possible. If you’re not a fan of faking it, a bun ring can create an elegant look with minimal effort.
- DON’T have time to fix your eyeshadow? Keep it neutral and apply a bold lip colour. If you have dramatic, bold eyes, keep your lips neutral.
- DO give yourself a basic manicure the night before; polished and evenly shaped nails can really complete a look without much effort.
- DO get those false lashes out, they don’t have to be overly long or dramatic. Popping on a pair of lashes can instantly transform your tired eyes to look brighter and sexier. If you’ve never applied lashes then practise, practise, practise- 5 minutes before you’re due to leave is not the time to try false eyelashes for the first time.
- DO drink plenty of water thought the day and cut back on the caffeine, hydrated skin looks more youthful.
- DON’T suffer in silence. If you’re nervous about how to apply make-up properly or fancy a new look, Youtube will become your new best friend! Pixiwoo gives the most amazing, easy to follow make-up tutorials.
From day to night – in a flash
Categories: Main Features