Did you know the current trend for de-stressing? We’ll give you a hint. Things we give our kids to do when we got to cafes and restaurants… that’s right; colouring in. It’s the latest craze – plus it’s something we can do with the kids.
OMY Design & Play; a young French studio that designs playful, graphic and intelligent products for all ages has now brought colouring to life with their Adult themed posters. Available in Patchwork and La Vie, these intricate designs will leave you amused, entertained while also curing any stressful woes you may have.
It’s a scientific fact that colouring can bring calming and positive vibes to your daily routine, here are six reasons why:
- Colouring in requires hand-eye coordination so can help you to maintain a sharp mind. Because fine motor skills require extra work by your brain to coordinate your actions and muscle control in your hands and arms, colouring can help delay the loss of these important skills as we age.
- Colouring in can help you de-stress, in fact it’s the relaxation technique French women are hooked on. Colouring requires good concentration and this type of focusing on one task improves and maintains overall concentration levels. As you colour you find yourself concentrating harder, which in turn slows your breathing and helps you reach a state of calm. In some ways, colouring in is similar to meditation as it is something that can benefit you physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. It encourages you to ‘zone out’ and forget other things going on in your life.
- Colouring in stimulates creative thinking as it encourages you to unlock your imagination.
- Colouring in allows you to re-connect with your inner child. In the same way flying a kite and blowing bubbles can remind you of your childhood, colouring in can have the same effect.
- As a group activity, colouring in can also help you to connect with your children. If you’ve had a stressful day, time spent playing and colouring in with your children can really lift your spirit.
- Colouring in allows you to take yourself away from technology and to focus on an activity which doesn’t involve bright TV and computer screens
With OMY Design & Play’s Giant Posters, you can stick them up on your wall at home or in the office for all to contribute and to create a colourful master piece.