Forget expensive facials and fad diets, the latest secret from the stars is out. As Rosie Huntingdon–Whiteley tweeted a snap of herself praising her ‘delicious green juice this morning. Great way to start the day,’. It has been revealed that the mysterious concoction was the Japanese wholefood, chlorella
And it’s not just Rosie who’s caught the Chlorella bug, fellow Victoria’s Secret Angel, Miranda Kerr, has admitted “To keep my skin in check I always eat lots of greens and take Chlorella supplements and drink lots of water.”
Sun Chlorella ‘A’ is being dubbed the new Crème De La Mer but without the celebrity price-tag.
It’s an entirely natural and balanced, single-celled, green algae, which, due to combination of nutrients and amino acid abundance, chlorella is linked to healthy nails, skin and hair. Our bodies cannot produce these nutrients, so they must be obtained through diet instead.
But these handy tablets are much easier to swallow than the nine cups of spinach (270g) you would need for the equivalent iron content or the 32oz steak you’d need to eat for that much B12 – what’s more, they come in NEW Sun Chlorella granules too, easy to pop into your handbag, and perfect crushed up in a Rosie style super smoothie!
1. Believed to help stimulate the growth of good bacteria (Lactobacilli) to aid digestion as well as cleanse the bowel by clinging on to toxins like mercury, lead or pesticides in the intestines
2. Chlorella boasts more chlorophyll, by weight, than any other plant known to man. This green pigment is responsible for photosynthesis in plants, but in humans its benefits are believed to range from blocking the absorption of harmful chemicals to improving bad breath!
3. Has energy-boosting properties with iron content equivalent to nine cups of spinach (270g) and the same B12 content as a 32oz steak
4. Provides an energy boost prior to physical exercise as well as a repair and anti-inflammatory effect after training (chlorophyll content in chlorella helps to minimise inflammation and muscle stiffness post workout)
5. Rich in vitamin D, containing over the daily minimum requirement due to being grown in natural sunlight
6. Enhances the detoxification of the liver and the subsequent removal of alcohol from the body[i]. Professor Fukui of Sapporo Medicinal University reported that even with a fairly large consumption of alcohol, hangovers can be prevented by up to 96% with chlorella[ii]
7. Due to combination of nutrients and amino acid abundance, chlorella is favoured by the likes of Miranda Kerr for its positive effects nails, skin and hair
Where does it come from? Chlorella is a microscopic freshwater single-cell green algae dating back from approximately 700 million years ago. It has tough outer cell walls and the ability to reproduce itself at an astonishing rate: from four cells on day one to one billion cells on day 15 in cultivation. This special component is called the Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) and in supplementation, encourages the growth as well as repair of cells and tissues in the body. This process is slowed down by aging but chlorella is believed to help re-stimulate growth.
Sun Chlorella is priced £21.95 for 300 tablets (a 20-30 day supply) and in NEW Sun Chlorella ‘A’ Granules, perfect for Rosie style super smoothies priced at £21.95 for a 20 x 3g sachets box (one month’s supply) available from www.SunChlorella.co.uk