Weleda has launched the new Calendula babycare range this spring, in pretty new daffodil yellow packs bearing a little ladybird – always a welcome visitor to Weleda’s biodynamic gardens where they grow their calendula organically to strict standards.
And celebs love it. The range has attracted a high-profile following of celebrity yummy mummies over the years, including Jessica Alba, Courtney Cox, Claudia Winkleman, Dannii Minogue, Gwyneth Paltrow, Demi Moore, Julie Delpy, Elizabeth Hurley, Liv Tyler, Fearne Cotton, Jenni Falconer, Edith Bowman and Angellica Bell.
Weleda has introduced the latest addition to the family: a new fragrance-free and 100% organic Calendula Baby Oil, £8.95.
Believed to be the first certified-organic and fragrance-free baby oil on the market in the UK, this great multi-tasker looks set to become a firm favourite with midwives and baby massage experts who do not like to recommend baby oils containing essential oils for newborns.
The new oil is ideal for baby skincare – to protect, moisturise, nourish and even cleanse sore skin in the nappy area when baby wipes might sting. Like the full Weleda baby range, it is free from mineral oils and artificial additives of any kind, including preservatives or parabens. Ideal for baby massage, this oil can also be used to treat dry, flaky scalp and cradle cap.
Several other lines in the Calendula Baby range have been reformulated, with increased organic content for the 100% natural ingredients. The full range is presented in new sustainable packaging, with a slightly softer look to the graphics and the addition of the ladybird motif.
1. Calendula Face Cream (rrp £7.95 50ml) has been reformulated with a slightly lighter texture that is quickly absorbed when smoothed over delicate baby skin. The new formulation, which is 96% organic, contains even more calendula extract for its skin-healing benefits, to soothe sensitive or easily irritated cheeks. Older children and indeed adults will find Calendula Face Cream helpful for dry patches on the face – this light moisturiser is ideal to nourish and replenish, and keep sensitive facial skin glowing with health.
2. The formulation for Calendula Weather Protection Cream (rrp £7.95 30ml) now has more organic ingredients and an increased concentration of skin-healing calendula extract, to soothe little cheeks. There is also an improved performance of the base cream, to nourish dry skin and protect against the elements.
3. The Weleda Baby Calendula Body Lotion (rrp £7.95 200ml) has been reformulated with a slightly milder fragrance plus additional chamomile extract to soothe skin, and is now NATRUE certified organic. A fabulous organic baby lotion to pamper little ones, it is also particularly useful for adults with sensitive skin.
4. The Calendula Body Cream (rrp £7.95 75ml) has also been reformulated with a slightly milder fragrance and an increased amount of organic ingredients. This cream is proving particularly popular with older children and adults who want a natural emollient to keep skin moisturised and protected.
5. The range also includes the best-selling Calendula Shampoo & Body Wash (rrp £6.95 200ml), the multi-award winning Calendula Cream Bath (rrp £8.95 200ml) and soothing Calendula Bath (rrp £9.95 200ml) and these unbeatable formulations remain unchanged.
Available from Boots, Waitrose, independent health stores and pharmacies nationwide or from the online store at www.weleda.co.uk or call 0115 944 8222 for mail order.